Build the functional strength you need for a fun & safe packrafting season this summer!
- Wednesday, April 14th
- 1pm AKST / 3pm MST / 5pm EST
- 45-min no-equipment workout
- Free in partnership with Alpacka Raft
Taught by Sarah Histand, a mental health-informed adventure fitness trainer (and packrafter!) from Alaska.
Packrafting is awesome! And it requires strength and body awareness to stay safe and have fun
In this 45-min workout we'll practice:
- Packrafting-specific exercises to build strength, stability, and stamina -- so you can have more fun and less fear in your boat this summer!
- Exercises for boating: functional core & upper-body strength
- Exercises for hiking: leg & core strength, knee health, & balance for outdoorsy movements
- "Mobility Track" options for those who are off-the-couch or recovering from an injury
- Up-level opportunities for those who are looking for a challenge
- Body-positive training focused on building capacity & functionality
- Mindset & nervous system training to begin to tackle self-doubt, workout perfectionism, & boating fear
Hey, I'm Sarah
I'll be your guide for the Packrafting Workout. I'm a personal trainer, mental health counselor, and outdoor adventurer from Alaska. I've traveled thousands of miles by foot and packraft in Alaska & abroad. I'm excited to help you build the mind & body strength you need for your summer adventures this year, whether they're big & bold or mindfully local.
My workout style is down-to-earth, body positive, and lighthearted, with options for all fitness levels. I hope you join us!